Experience and partnership at London Heathrow Terminal 5; vital for a successful site based team
- Positive passenger experience from a reliable Baggage Produce performance
- Operational excellence delivering first class cost and missed bag performance
- System reliability and predictability
Vanderlande Industries site based team provides round the clock support of the daily operations Heathrow Terminal 5. Together the 160 strong team provide a fully comprehensive service covering all aspects of the baggage handling system;
- High level controls - IT operation, support and upgrades (IT Control Room)
- PLC support – HLC & LLC
- Field based operations support team
- Bag flow maintenance
- Rapid first line response to faults
- Planned preventative maintenance
- Automated & manual stillage response and support
- Maintenance services
- Planned Predictive Maintenance
- Diagnostics - Thermography
- Continuous improvement - Lean 6 Sigma
- Full spares service
- Daily performance reporting and KPI analysis
Delivering this service involves working and fully engaging with all stakeholders, Airlines, Handlers and the Airport, to optimise the total end-to-end process. Detailed daily reporting and KPI analysis allows the rigorous application of continuous improvement methodologies, such as lean six sigma, to improve the baggage handling system performance. Regular improvement initiatives to save energy, reduce costs, improve reliability and improve health and safer have all resulted from this approach.
About London Heathrow
London Heathrow is the UK's main airport and a major intercontinental hub to and from Europe. Its Terminal 5 serves around 35 million passengers and comprises a Core Terminal Building connected to two satellites by high-speed links. Terminal 5 is designed to handle the most advanced passenger aircraft including the Airbus A380.
For more information about the baggage handling system at London Heathrow Terminal 5, click here.
For more information about Vanderlande Industries spare parts services, click here.
For more information about Vanderlande Industries site based services, click here.