Arrow Electronics: Largest and most modern electronic components warehouse in Europe
Arrow Electronics is the world's largest distributor of electronic components. The Distribution Logistics Centre (DLC) in Venlo (Netherlands) supplies 35,000 European customers. In addition, more than 500 different documents (e.g. invoices, order confirmations, delivery notes) are generated in the customer’s native language.
The DLC is equipped with the latest technology that includes:
- 8 aisle automatic pallet high-bay storage (AS/RS)
- Several order picking areas with semi-automatic wireless order picking systems
- 4 QUICKSTORE miniload AS/RS for automatic order consolidation
- 12 packing stations for for large orders and Value Added Services
- Shipping sortation system with 27 outfeeds.
The warehouse is managed by Vanderlande's VISION Warehouse Management System. The specific needs for the distribution of electronic components and customer oriented workflows of Arrow Electronics Inc. have been integrated optimally.
All combined, this allows for streamlined loading, order picking, and shipment, improving responsiveness and customer service. Delivery reliability now exceeds 99.5% and 95% of shipments are delivered the next day. By automating the order consolidation process, quality has been improved and the time required for executing orders is drastically reduced. Rush orders can now be executed within 1 hour.