History

The origins of Vanderlande lie in the Dutch town of Veghel, where Eddie van der Lande established the company in 1949. His family initially refurbished and later produced machines for the textile industry, before moving into the manufacture of hoisting apparatus, cranes and conveyor belts for bulky materials and barrels of oil.
A significant development came in 1963 when VanderLande entered into a partnership with American company Rapistan Incorporated. It began to develop and build customised transport systems and this marked the start of a successful global organisation.
In 1988, the company’s current owner NPM Capital acquired a majority of the company’s shares. Since then, it has enabled Vanderlande to achieve its long-term goals and expand on an international scale.
Today the company has a presence in each of the world’s expanding markets and it is currently carrying out 260 projects in 105 countries. Vanderlande has continued to grow from supplier of equipment to one of the major international players in the field of integrated, automated material handling solutions for airports, sorting systems for parcel and postal services and warehouse automation solutions.