Types of data: The information we collect when you are using the Websites may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, the region or general location from which your computer or device is accessing the Internet, browser type, operating system, and other information about website usage, including a history of the website pages you have viewed. To receive the newsletter you must provide at least the following data: company name, first and last name, email address, area of interest. If you request Vanderlande to provide information, make contact or schedule an appointment with you, you will need to provide at least the following personal data via the online contact form in order for this request to be processed: company, first and last name, email address. Depending on your request or question, you may also be asked to provide the following personal data: role, telephone number (if you wish for Vanderlande to call you).
Legal basis: Vanderlande has a legitimate interest in understanding how members, customers and potential customers use the Websites. This assists us with providing more relevant information on our products and services, with communicating value to our sponsors and corporate members, and providing appropriate staffing to meet member and customer needs.
Purpose: When you visit our offices, you should be aware that we may ask for your personal data in order to issue you with a personalised badge that will allow you access to our offices. We may also use CCTV systems (or other video equipment) to record specific areas of our premises. Where we use such video equipment, we will post warning signs to ensure that you are aware that we are recording images or video. Our Veghel Campus Access Control Policy (VCAC), or at least parts of it, will be applicable in more Vanderlande sites. Our customer reception process includes stringent access control to enable visitors gaining a better customer journey and feel safe. It helps Vanderlande to guarantee employees and visitors safety at Vanderlande sites and enables public services to act adequately in case of emergency.
We need to process your data to maintain the safety and security of our employees, visitors, guests and our property and assets, to protect the legitimate interests of Vanderlande, such as investigating non-compliance with our policies and procedures, possible criminal activity (e.g. suspected theft of company or personal property), and other incidents or accidents at our premises and to initiate disciplinary and legal processes and procedures, including the preservation of evidence and the disclosure of recordings for the purpose of legal claims and proceedings.
We also needs your data for the following purposes:
- ANPR (Automobile Number Plate Recognition): ANPR is used to help identify our guests.
- CCTV: To monitor the fence around the campus (border control) and main street on campus for protection of our properties. See people who are trying to get in our campus. Our CCTV cameras are not equipped with facial recognition as that would imply processing Biometrics, which would be categorised as special personal data.
- Barriers: To limit the access of cars and motorbikes to only access for authorized staff, visitors and suppliers.
- Detection gates: To limit the access of pedestrians and cyclists to only access for authorized staff, visitors and suppliers.
- Company pass: To grant access to our employees, contractors and apprentices with a company pas.
- Compound Security Officer Supervision: To support people who want to have access to our campus who do not have a valid company card, to guide unauthorized visitors friendly to the exit, to add license plate numbers into the system in case a new or temporary car is not properly registered.
- Visitor Registration Process: To make sure visitors are properly registered in time in order to grant the access during one day. Here we also register extra services like additional information about food preferences in case our guest will be invited for lunch or dinner. The business need to process this data is to optimise our hospitality concept by collecting the name and company name of our visitors, so we know which visitors we can expect (for security reasons) and to give them a warm welcome when they arrive.
Types of data: When we provide you with a personalised badge that gives you access to our offices, we generally ask for your name and details of your visit. When using CCTV systems, we process video recordings of you (for example, your image as captured on the CCTV system).
Legal basis: Vanderlande has a legitimate interest to protect certain fundamental rights, such as the right to liberty and security, the right to ownership and property, and the right of defence.
Purpose: Vanderlande takes the hiring process of applicants very serious. The primary objective is the find the best possible candidate who will be able to fulfil the job requirements with competence and pleasure for a specific vacancy. We want to execute this process as fair as possible and in compliance with data privacy laws like GDRP. Therefore, below topics inform you about additional selection process steps.
Screening: In order to comply with our legal obligations Vanderlande is obligated to screen job candidates whether they are registered on anti-terror lists, like the EU terror list (European Union Enhancements list). As this implies special personal data, Vanderlande has contracted external partners to screen persons against several international terror lists. Candidates who fail this obligatory external background check will be rejected for the position in scope. When applicable, upfront we do confirm to an applicant a screening is part of the selection process. Of course, we will not hold information about criminal convictions as a company. Yet, as required by the European Commission and local anti-terror laws and anti-money laundry regulations, Vanderlande needs to take adequate precautions. In some specific industries such as the aviation industry, overlapping organisations like IATA, require Vanderlande to check job applicants before finalizing the hiring process. This might be involving you in a screening against multiple anti-terror lists, executed via external partners, who act as independent controller. As such we will not be informed about the exact list that resulted in a positive match with a list of such a candidate. This enables Vanderlande to reject a candidate and remain compliant with the legal obligations without the processing of any special categories of personal data. We will only collect this information if it is appropriate given the nature of your role and where the law allows us to do so. This will usually be where such processing is necessary to carry out our obligations, provided that we act in line with our Data Protection Policy. We may collect this information as part of the recruitment process or we may be notified of such information directly by you in the course of you working for us.
Some relevant regulations we are referring at are:
- Fight Against the Financing of Terrorism
- Directive (EU) 2019/1153 of 20 June 2019 laying down rules facilitating the use of financial and other information for the prevention, detection, investigation or prosecution of certain criminal offences
Spanish Law 10/2010, of 28 April, prevention of money laundering and terrorism financing
- US Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (CTPAT)
Legal basis: When you apply for a job at Vanderlande via our applicant website, you will be asked to provide us your consent, for example for storing your personal candidate home account details, as we respect the privacy of our job candidates. This Privacy Notice sets forth how we will use the information we obtain when you do apply for a position through our career site and your personal candidate home account. We also need your personal data to perform a contract to which you are subject, or to take pre-contractual steps at your request, our legitimate interest, in particular our necessity to conduct business in a responsible manner and in line with local laws and regulations as well as to protect fundamental rights or our need to comply with legal obligations we are subject to. We kindly encourage you to keep your home account and your application profile data up to date. Also during the application process we kindly request your consent for the following:
- to store your candidate home account till you will request deletion of the account via an unsubscribe e-mail or via the deletion button in your account. In case you will not make use of your account during the next 3 years, Vanderlande will delete your candidate home account automatically.
- to store your job candidate profile, even after the application term has closed, for the lengthened term as shown in the table below (even if also if your application does not result in a job offer now).
- to offer you other matching job opportunities in future elsewhere in the Vanderlande group.
Purpose: If you want to exercise your privacy rights, ask us questions about our privacy practices, submit to us a privacy complaint or contact our Data Protection Officer, you can contact us and we’ll do our best to address your request.
Types of data: To verify you are the authorized person to submit a request we require, at least, the following information: your e-mail address, your relationship with Vanderlande and a copy of your ID might be asked to verify your identity (note: all IDs must have been redacted by requestor in order to only show relevant information, no social security numbers needed).
Legal basis: We process your personal data for the purpose of complying with the privacy and data protection laws and regulations we are subject to.
Purpose: By downloading, accessing or using Vanderlande AR (the “App”) or any page of this App, you agree to the terms of this disclaimer. The contents of this App, including without limitation, all data, information, text, graphics, links and other materials are provided as a convenience to the users of our App and are for informational purposes only. The App contents are subject to modification, and Vanderlande Industries makes no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy of the information provided within the App. We are not responsible for any decisions made by the users of this App based solely on the information provided in the App.
Types of data: No personal data will be processed because all data will be received anonymously.