Meat products produced for 1,250 outlets
One of the most modern and efficient meat-processing facilities in Europe was recently built in Rheinstetten, Baden Württemberg, Germany. At the facility, owned by EDEKA Südwest Fleisch GmbH, meat products are produced and delivered to over 1,250 outlets.
Between the production and dispatch areas, Vanderlande planned and organised a logistics system in close collaboration with EDEKA that fully meets the current and future requirements of the market.
- 50,000 storage locations for totes
- 100,000 stock movement capacity per day
- 5.5 months taken to install the complete warehousing system, conveyors and handling stations
- Pallet high-bay storage system (3,000 pallet locations)
- Ten depalletising workstations
- 20-aisle QUICKSTORE HDS shuttle system
- Two PICK@EASE4 ergonomic order-picking workstations
- Dispatch system consisting of a POSISORTER sliding shoe sorter