Integrating maximum flexibility, conveyability and reliability
DPD’s domestic parcel delivery volumes are growing rapidly, and the continuing increases in both B2B and B2C volumes were the drivers behind the construction of a centrally located hub in Veenendaal, The Netherlands. This will meet DPD’s needs, both now and in the future, as well as enabling it to further improve customer service levels.
Vanderlande provided a flexible and high-capacity sorting system that can handle the mixed flows of both smaller and larger parcel products resulting from the combination of B2B and B2C services.
- 99.9% sorter availability
- 99% volume of construction materials that are easy to dismantle and recycle
- 90% amount of materials and components that are environmentally friendly
- Capacity – 9,000 parcels per hour
- Sorting system – CROSSORTER 1500 and telescopic belt conveyors
- Controls – VISION